April 07, 2012

there's always a rainbow after the rain...

mt guiting guiting 2011
"and god said, 'this is the sign of the covenant i am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come'" - genesis 9:12

a seasoned mountaineer, perhaps the most spiritual person i have ever met so far, once told me that whenever he sees double rainbows, it's a sign for him that god says he's on the right path. he saw his first rainbow numeries in his sagada hike during the 80's. 

i never believed it at first as rainbows only have one bow.

then at the summit of mt guiting guiting after i woke up from my short snooze, i was greeted with a double rainbow. at that time, i was in my greatest emotional turmoil. it was the best sunset i have ever seen. never have i been inspired after that climb. since then, it was followed by other sightings at anilao and in other places in the city. now i am a believer.

blessed be the "bow" that binds and inspires. 

let it be known to everyone that i owe everything i have achieved to the organization which honed me to become who and what i am today. i am very honored to be part of the 90 years of its existence. 

6 comments:

  1. Actually, every time I see a rainbow out in the mountains, I worry. Because a rainbow is created when light is refracted by water. And that usually means there is rain coming (or going - depends on the prevailing winds).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah... more rain actually. but you know what? when i was a kid, i have always believed that there are leprechauns and pot of treasures at the bow's end. when i first saw a rainbow at leyte, i hurriedly ran towards the end of the bow but found none. :'(

      Delete
  2. Can't remember if I've seen a double rainbow already... Ain't on the right path yet? Prolly, I'm still on my way there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i just hope i'm in the right path too hahahaha

      Delete
  3. I saw a double rainbow back in Batanes, from the PAGASA weather station.

    ReplyDelete