April 09, 2015

me, myself, and my selfishness

"To love is to value. Only a rational selfish man, a man of self-esteem, is capable of love - because he is the only man capable of holding firm, consistent, uncompromising, unbetrayed value. The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone." - Ayn Rand, The Virtue of Selfishness: A New Concept of Egoism

fact: i don't have adsense that's why i am free to post here.

my previous article received tons of tirades against me being solely selfish and proud. i just laugh at them. the few non-sagadians who have read it in its entirety were the only ones who got the heart of the post. thank you. the wave of posters made me realize one thing -- those who dropped negative comments only read the title of the blog entry and were only swayed by he-said she-said.

however, if selfishness means echoing the voice of the sagadians in their desperate effort to save their homeland, then let me say, with conviction, that i am taking the words SELFISH and PROUD as compliments. it is through my selfishness that i have the courage to protect other people and help them through my little ways. it is through my achievements from helping that i become proud as a steward of this earth. a job well done in service to humanity and nature is only called "braggery" or yabang by the little minds who do nothing but rant and expose openly their inferiority via the internet and facebook. 

it is a fact that you can't be generous if you have nothing left to give. as the case of sagada, she is robbed, harrassed, and raped by irresponsible tourists. i, among many others, together with the sagadians, help sagada bring her back to herself -- away from harmful minds and hearts and that is why i, and many others, am SELFISH and PROUD. 

SELFISHNESS is a virtue. call me selfish, call me egoist, call me proud. i love it. because that's who I AM. my selfishness lights my fire.

PS. the wave of flamers did not even care to read the next post about lnt despite linking it to my infamous post. the photos will scare them and that means only one thing: they don't have the heart to care.


No comments:

Post a Comment